Roofed Pole to a scientist Petras Avižonis in Pasvalys
This roofed pole was designed in memory of an ophthalmologist, scientist, Professor, bell-ringer and one of the founders of the Lithuanian University Petras Avižonis (1875–1939). The monument was placed beside the town‘s Central Hospital. It depicts a barefoot child figure, in this way recording the childhood in Pasvalys of a future doctor and educator. The roofed pole was built in 1994, and officially unveiled on the 2nd September 1995 to commemorate the 120th birth anniversary of Petras Avižonis.