Memorial stone to partisans and victims of the post-war years in Pumpėnai
This memorial stone to partisans and the victims of the post-war years was unveiled in Pumpėnai in November 2003 in order to commemorate partisans and other victims whose dead bodies were desecrated in Pumpėnai market Square during the period from February 1945 until January 1952.
The monument was unveiled by a partisan Juozas Tamulionis and Lithuanian Freedom Movement chairman Jonas Čeponis. The priest of the Panevėžys diocese chancellor Tomas Skrudupis consecrated this memorial stone. The Lithuanian Army Founding Volunteers Society, the members of a Pasvalys department of Lithuanian Riflemen Union and some surviving partisans took care to perpetuate the memory of desecrated fighters.
This memorial stone was built to commemorate Juozas Aleknavičius (from Mitkai village), Kazys Jurkevičius, Hans (a German nationality youth warrior), Fritz (a German nationality youth soldier), Antanas Kirkilas, Juozas Kirkilas, Povilas Kriščiliūnas, Juozas Kučinskas (from Pumpėnai), Petras Kulbis (a teacher from Mitkai village), Vytautas Kulbis (a student from Mitkai village), Jonas Mitka (born in 1925, from Mitkai village) Jonas Mitka (from Pumpėnai, Pumpėnėlių Street), Antanas Mozūras, Kazys Petrauskas, Pranas Petrauskas, Petrulis ( from Vabalninkas), Petras Ragažinskas, Mrs. Ragažinskienė, Jonas Slavinskas, Alpfonsas Šipelis, Steponas Žičkus, Kazys Tamulionis, Anelė Savickaitė and Bronius Stasys.