Places to visit by the river Mūša
The itinerary will take 1 day and will cover about 45 km.
We head from Pasvalys to the village of Pajiešmeniai. We visit the manor of Pajiešmeniai. The manor of Pajiešmeniai is classified among the monuments of local cultural heritage, it has remaining buildings from the end of 19th and the beginning of 20th centuries. Afterwards we go to Rauboniai woollen and water mill. The mill is a two-storey unrendered red brick building. Nowadays, with its well preserved equipment it has become a monument of outstanding value of the architectural and engineering past in our country. We finish our visit in Rauboniai with the sight-seeing around Ąžuolpamūšė fort hill.
We carry on touring the country manors. Dagilynė manor is in Dagilynė village, Krinčinas eldership, Pasvalys district. The manor buildings are located on the left bank of Tatula stream, 8 km East-West from Pasvalys, near Pasvalys–Biržai road. The manor was built during the first decades of 19th century. Its 315 ha estate belonged to Otto von Ropp and was let by auction in 1930. Sokai manor. Pasvalys district, Saločiai eldership, 16 km North from Pasvalys. The remaining manor buildings are situated on the left bank of the river Mūša, in front of Raudonpamūšė manor. The manor was built during the second half of the 19th century and the end of 20th century. The estate had 275 ha and belonged to Miss Elena Hanaitė. Žilpamūšiai manor. Pasvalys district, Saločiai eldership. The remaining buildings are 12 km North from Pasvalys in the direction of Saločiai. The manor and its garden are situated on the left bank of the river Mūša. The manor was built at the end of 19th century when so-called brick style dominated in manor architecture. The manor belonged to German barons Vildeman originating from Courland. Geltonpamūšė manor. Pasvalys district, Saločiai eldership. Gone long time ago Geltonpamūšė manor stood in the village of Vileišiai on the left bank of the river Mūša, about 2 km away from the central cluster of Vileišiai village. The manor belonged to the family of Brennaburgs of German origin. We stop at the memorial stone on our way through the village of Vileišiai. It is erected to commemorate the village of Vileišiai and its school which was open from 1926 to 1964. Let's admire Church Of The Sacred Heart Of Jesus in Skrebotiškis. At the end of the tour let's visit the manor of Vytartai. Vytartai manor is 1,5 km North-East from Pasvalys, on the left bank of the river Mūša.